I have a hamster

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The road to saving*coughstealingcough* money


Yo folks.

I've been blessed with an abundance of free time recently - fresh off summer classes and about to proceed into the Fall semester. So, naturally, I found a perfect way to kill time:
.
.
.
.
Looking for a bunch of DSLR related stuff :)
.
.
.
.
Oh yes, that's right. I never mentioned it before, but I am proud to announce that I am now the ecstatic owner of a Canon Rebel T1i DSLR and officially a camera geek. :-B.
(yay)
After looking around on the internet for a place that I can tap into for DSLR related information, I discovered this amazing website. (note: proceed with caution since some of the forum members are capable of posting pictures so beautiful, I guarantee it'll blow your brains away) :


Needless to say, I'm awestruck, brainless, salivating like hell and hooked. However, after looking at the umpteenth picture, I started to think, "If they can blow my brains away, why can't I do the same?". Therefore, I cleverly thought of several ingenious steps which will hopefully propel me to the coveted status of "brain-blower" (not necessarily meant to be done in order):

1. Improve my technique using the gear I currently have, which ain't much
. Smoke whatever they were smoking when they took them psychadelic images.
2. Read up on as much photography books/magazines/journals as possible.
. Smoke whatever they were smoking when they took them psychadelic images.
3. Learn about post-processing images.
. Smoke whatever they were smoking when they took them psychadelic images.
4. Attempt to look at the world from a different perspective.
. Smoke whatever they were smoking when they took them psychadelic images.
5. etc.

...


which finally brings us to the reason for the title of today's post:

6. Improve the quality of my gear.

or in layman's term

6. Stage a bank heist

- - - - - - - - - - -

I think I'll continue this post later, it's getting kinda long.

Yours Fishfully,

Little Fishy

p.s. stay tuned. I'll be posting my dream gear in the next post. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment